This iteration is from industry standout SG Interactive, and includes bonus wheels with several different types of rewards.
Zeus God of Thunder Slot Layout
Five reels with four visible symbols each fill the game screen, and there are 30 fixed paylines. The minimum bet is 50 coins, 30 for the paylines plus 20 more to activate the bonus feature. You also have the option to activate an extra bet if you wish which bumps the bet up to a total of 75 coins in exchange for increasing the value of the bonus wheels we will discuss below.
The symbols include a 2X Wild, Zeus, an eagle, a lion, a lightning bolt, a wreath, and a vase. Also included are the ranks from Jack to Ace.
If you look at the top of the reels you can see the main feature of this game, in the form of three different bonus wheels.
Triggering the Bonus Feature
Randomly, before some spins, some of the symbols will have a background of a thunderstorm added to them, and as the reels spin you hope to line up some of these background symbols.
To trigger the bonus, you need to line up three or more of these background symbols on adjacent reels in a single horizontal row.
This background characteristic does not affect the normal function of a symbols. After any resulting bonus, the symbols can still be part of a normal paying combination.
The Four Types of Wheel Prizes
Before we look at the individual bonus wheels, let’s take a look at the possible wins they can provide. On each of the bonus wheels, there are actually four distinct types of rewards:
- Upgrade: This prize moves you up to the next bonus wheel. Very helpful, since the prizes are much larger on the bigger wheels.
- Random Wilds: This prize lets you spin the reels once after adding lots of extra 2X Wild symbols to the screen.
- Free Spins: This prize awards a large number of free spins.
- Jackpot: This prize lets you win one of the jackpots displayed on the right side of the screen.
Bonus Wheel – Three in a Row
The most common way of triggering the bonus is to line up three of the background symbols, which activates this bonus wheel.
Prizes on the 3-in-a-row wheel:
- Win 4 or 5 Random Wilds for one spin. (Increases to 5 or 6 wilds if you activate the Extra Bet option.)
- Win 5 or 7 Free Spins. (7 or 10 Spins with Extra Bet.)
- Upgrade to the 4-in-a-row wheel.
- Win the Mini or Minor jackpot.
In the screenshot I won one spin with 5 Random Wilds, and caught a couple of additional ones too.
Bonus Wheel – Four in a Row
The prizes on the 4-in-a-row wheel are:
- Win 5 or 6 Random Wilds for one spin. (Increases to 6 or 7 wilds with Extra Bet.)
- Win 10 or 12 Free Spins. (12 or 15 Spins with Extra Bet.)
- Upgrade to the 5-in-a-row wheel.
- Win the Minor or Major jackpot.
On this spin, I won 15 Free Spins.
Bonus Wheel – Five in a Row
The prizes on the 5-in-a-row wheel are:
- Win 6 to 12 Random Wilds for one spin. (Increases to 7-12 wilds with Extra Bet.)
- Win 15, 20, or 50 Free Spins. (20, 50, or 100 Spins with Extra Bet!)
- Win the Major, Mega, or Grand jackpot.
The Bottom Line
As you can see, like many video slots, this one is all about the bonus round. These bonus wheels have some exciting options, and they trigger often enough to keep the game interesting.
The extra Random Wilds feature can generate some big wins, but for me the Free Spins are the most exciting option. Especially since you can retrigger the feature and win even more spins.
This game is available at many of the online casinos in New Jersey, as listed below.
Zeus God of Thunder
Developer: SG Interactive
Min Bet: $0.50
See all the games available in New Jersey.